The VIP Network is interested in supporting QI Collaboratives aimed at improving the safety of care for your hospitalized pediatric patients. Some examples of potential areas of QI Collaboratives for the future can be found in the 2010 National Patient Safety Goals. Please see the next link for an example of a successful QI Collaborative aimed at improving the accuracy of patient identification completed in 2009-10 from members of the VIP Network.
National Patient Safety Goals:
· Improve the accuracy of patient identification.
· Improve the effectiveness of communication among caregivers.
· Improve the safety of using medications.
· Reduce the risk of health care–associated infections.
· Accurately and completely reconcile medications across the continuum
· Reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls.
· Prevent health care–associated pressure ulcers (decubitus ulcers).